Toronto has warm, humid summers and cold winters, so you will experience all four seasons. But, when we talk about education in Toronto, it has a number of post-secondary academic institutions. Canada’s largest university is The University of Toronto. So, moving to Toronto for college is a good choice for your future. Not to mention, Toronto is home to Ryerson University and OCAD University too. Before you move to Canada get precise moving quotes for your Toronto relocation.
Decide what you want to study before moving to Toronto for college
Knowing what you want to be in the future will help you with this decision. What classes do you like in high school? If you already decided to move to Toronto, hire Tender Touch Moving and Storage Toronto to help you with your new life in Canada.
Canadian student visa
You will need to get a Canadian study permit if you are not from Canada, of course. This type of visa allows you to work on campus during the college. But, if your program lasts a maximum of six months, you do not need a Canadian study permit.
- Decide on a University – You cannot apply for college visa if you do not know where you want to study. After being accepted at a Canadian university, you will get a letter required for the visa.
- Apply – You can apply online for your Canadian student visa before moving to Toronto for college. Also, you can apply for the visa on paper if you have limited internet access in your country. For Canadian student visa, you will need an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution and proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada.
- No criminal record – This is important. You must not have any crime. Also, you will need a clinical record that state you are in good health.
- Prepare all the documents – In addition to the documents we have already mentioned, here are some other documents you will need. Such as a valid passport, proof that you paid the study permit fee, two passport-size photographs with specifications of name and date of birth and a letter of explanation.
- Language requirements – If you are not from English-speaking country, Canadian universities will ask you to submit proofs of your English language skills.
Colleges in Toronto
There are plenty of schools in Toronto. These are some of them. Choose one and start your new life in Toronto.
Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology is the oldest publicly funded college in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is established in 1966. Centennial offers undergraduate degrees such as bachelor of information technology, bachelor of science in nursing and bachelor of public relations management. Also, they offer more than 250 programs and offers full-time programs in more than 100 fields of study. You can choose between the school of Advancement, Business, School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design, School of Community and Health Studies, Engineering Technology and Applied Science, Hospitality, Tourism, and Culinary Arts and last but not least school of transportation.
George Brown College
George Brown College of Applied Arts and Tech is a public college established in 1967. The college offers more than 30 diploma programs, 30 advanced diploma programs as well as six-degree programs, 27 certificate programs, five pre-college programs, 10 apprentice programs, and 28 graduate certificate programs. If you love sports they have a lot of teams. The school’s team name is “the Huskies”. The sports students plays are baseball, badminton, cross country, soccer, volleyball, and basketball. Also, students have access to several libraries. There you can find materials suitable for the programs taught at their campuses.
The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is also a public college founded in 1967. They offer more than 140 programs across 40 fields of study. There are 8 academic schools and they are School of Applied Technology, the Business school, School of Media Studies and Information, Social and Community Services, Creative and Performing Arts, Health Sciences, Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism and School of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The sports team name is Humber Hawks.
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology is established in 1967. This is a great college and the professors can give you the right knowledge for your future life. It offers more than 140 full-time programs and 130 part-time programs. So, you have a lot of choices. Many programs offer experiential learning opportunities. Seneca now attracts more than 3,400 international students each year. Be one of them and start your education. The school’s athletic team is “The Sting” and they won more than 460 medals since 1967.
Talk to your roommate before the move. They are often planning on bringing the same stuff you are, so make a deal. The room is tiny. Remember to pack just the essentials. You can ship dorm room essentials. Take the time to make sure your items are handled properly. Also, you can find a reliable moving company. The affordable option is to load up a car with all your stuff. But if your college is in another state, it can be a little bit difficult.
These are some of the colleges in Toronto, Ontario. Moving to Toronto for college is a smart decision. If you are not from Ontario, it will be a little difficult. You will be far away from your family and friends, but it is worth it. Moving into a tiny room with new friends in a new country will be hard at the beginning. But, after you will get used to it. Be prepared for college and good luck. The future is ahead of you.