Moving to college is coming and packing is part of the process. Is packing for college hard? Where to start? What to pack? How to pack? There are many questions, especially if it is your first move. For most freshmen, it is.
Packing for college
Pack like a pro for college with these tips. It is not difficult to learn. Just follow steps and stay organized.
This is the list of things to do when packing.
- Make a list of items to pack so you won’t forget a thing. Also, it will help you be more organized and not lose your mind during packing for college.
- Pack clothing on hangers, and you won’t lose time on packing and unpacking after moving to college.
- Talk to your future roommate about what things to pack. You don’t need two mini-fridges or two toasters.
- Pack a business outfit (at least one), you never know when you will need it. Professionals and businessmen often visit college, so you need to make a great first impression.
- Pack one extra pillow and more towels. Sometimes you won’t have time to do your laundry, so it is a good idea to have extra linens and towels.
- Packing items that remind you of your home such as family photos, a favorite toy from your childhood, is not weird. It will help you when feeling nostalgic and sad.
- Pack a reusable filtered water pitcher and save money and the environment.
What you should not do when packing for college?
- Most students visit their home for Christmas, and if you are planning it too, don’t pack off-season clothing right now.
- Don’t pack prohibited items, every college dorm has rules you must follow. Find out what is forbidden and don’t waste time on packing those things.
- Don’t forget to pack toiletries, more than you think it is enough. You never know when you will have time for shopping after arriving in college.
- If you didn’t wear some clothing for a year or more, don’t pack it. Packing clothing you didn’t wear for a long time is a waste of time.
- Don’t pack items in a large suitcase because dorm rooms are small and you probably won’t have space to store large suitcases. If you don’t have enough boxes and need help with packing, hire professionals. You can find them on mastermindmoving.com.
- You will need shower slippers so don’t forget to pack them as well as a bathrobe.
- Don’t forget to pack an essential moving box, it is a box to pack last when moving but open first after moving.
Packing for college is stressful, exciting, emotional (for you and your parents too), but it is a normal part of life. Do it right by knowing what is wrong and what you shouldn’t do. Good luck with your college life!