How to pick the right college for yourself? First of all, imagine the future you. What do you want to be? The rest will be easy. If you decide that California is a state for your education, that’s a good start. Moving to California for education can be a good decision. So, we bring you a list of best colleges in California. This list will help you to find your future college in California. We know how stressful can it be, especially if you are not from California. Maybe, moving without stress, it’s not possible, but it can be reduced. College life probably will be the best time in your life.
How to choose the best college for you
Are you afraid of choosing the wrong college and you do not know where to start? Create your own ranking system. Grab a piece of paper and write down your priorities by following these steps:
- Who are you? – What are your weaknesses and qualities? Explore who you are. This is the most important thing. If you feel you need a one year free, then take a break. You can travel and explore a world around you.
- Do not rush – Finding the right college is not a job for a one day. Don’t wait until the last minute, it is not a good idea. It is normal to spend even a whole year. If you want the best colleges in California, be patient and prepared.
- What do you want from college and how you see yourself – The question is what is your goal and what do you want to accomplish? Do not let other people make a decision instead of you.
- Do not let other scares you with the stories – If it’s difficult for others, it does not have to mean that it will be difficult for you too.
- Visit universities – It is necessary to visit universities. So you will see if you like it or not or can you imagine yourself there. Still, it’s about your future.
- Price of college – Compare the prices. Choose a few colleges you like and compare their prices.
List of the best colleges in California
The world-famous Stanford University. It was founded in 1885, located in California’s Bay Area, about 30 miles from San Francisco. Its tuition and fees are $49,617, but it’s definitely worth it. You will get the best education for sure. It is number 5 in National Universities and number 1 in Best colleges for veterans. If you are looking for the best colleges in California, this is a great choice.
California Institute of Technology
Caltech, is located in Pasadena and they are focused on technology. Student houses (eight of them) has a tradition and dinners are served by student waiters. The school describes these houses as “self-governing living groups”. California Institute of Tech offers top graduate programs in engineering, biology, chemistry, computer science, earth sciences, mathematics, and physics too. Its tuition and fees are $49,908.
University of California – Berkeley
It is a public institution that was founded in 1868. Berkeley is a little bit cheaper, and its in-state tuition and fees are $14,100 and out-of-state tuition and fees are $42,112. The most of incoming freshmen at Berkeley choose to live on campus. There are more than 1,000 student organizations, so you can choose some of them and be part of this great community. You will get a good education and have fun at the same time.
University of California- Los Angeles
UCLA has a total undergraduate enrollment of 30,873. its in-state tuition and fees are $13,255 and out-of-state tuition and fees are $41,270. The University of California- Los Angeles also has a School of Theater, Film & Television and School of Dentistry too. If you love medicine, The Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center is one of the top-ranked hospitals in the country. This college guarantees housing for three years. UCLA is also well known for their successful men’s and women’s water polo teams.
University of Southern California
This university is a private institution. Students can participate in the more than 650 on-campus organizations, which is great. Ranging from religious groups to club sports. College does not have to be just studying and learning. You can also have a fun with your colleagues. USC students are not required to live on campus, but the university offers the house in its 40 apartment buildings and residence halls. Tuition and fees in USC are $54,259.
Moving to college and packing
The college will be your new home. Make a packing list. Let the size of the space you are moving to, determine what to bring. For example, limit the number of shoes and clothes. But, personalizing a new space is important. Talk with your roommates before the move. If you’re moving into a college dorm, maybe you’ll have to provide sheets, blankets, and some of the furnishings as well. You just need to be creative and put our own personal touch. Maybe, the first day in the dorm will be strange and weird, but you will get used to it.
These are just some of the best colleges in California. Remember, the most important thing is to be satisfying with yourself. Also, knowing what you want in the future will be helpful. We hope this article helped you to choose a college for you.